11 December 2008

respect

i have a newfound respect for all of my past teachers - grading is hard work! and i feel so bad giving out bad grades! :-(

lets see. So far this week I've made some new friends who are in the masters engineering program, taken Grigris back to the vet (whom i found smoking in his office/exam room... ) and am freezing my butt off (currently wearing my coat in my apartment that is barely 50 degrees with both heaters on). 

I had a very interesting conversation with one of the engineer guys, about how american always bad mouth their country. its true- it's kinda in vogue to be "anti-american". He pointed out that while america has made plently of mistakes we also have a lot to be proud of, and we've accomplished a lot in a very short amount of time. It was a very interesting conversation, and honestly, one that I'd never had before. 

No comments: